Friday, December 5, 2008

about igoogle

this is an interesting topic. I have tried google reader and igoogle so i will discuss based on these 2 services. With google reader you get an update on RSS feeds/updates on what's happening with the page you subscribed but with igoogle you can do the same and customize it. Since the page is customizable then it definitely can be used as a course webpage. I felt like i was 'Neo in the Matrix' movie watching what happens in the world and getting updated info about what i subscribed. The only thing that bugs me is how many of these feeds can be included in the igoogle. its like the supercomputers that the superheroes always have that monitors everything happening!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure why we can't add Facebook/Friendster here but maybe google should add this service or integrate with them. Google is really leading with these gadgets on the net. It only takes you an e-mail account and walla everything can be included. Now I can feeds from BBC sports, my blog, my twitter, my podcast, my delicious tags etc. I have also added RSS feeds from my favourite journals. AMAZING TOOL i got to say. Oh ya i will be including this in my blog.

No comments: