Monday, December 8, 2008

Conclusion about CENL2008 experience: All well ends well

What did I learn?
Tools and some of the concepts that made it emerge as an educational tool. I learnt that the new internet era is an era where everyone has a voice and no one can control this voice. Student or non-student can engage in conversation about any topic and this is the highlight point in education that we need to emphasise in the future.

What did I find more interesting?
I am very interested in the iGoogle actually as it can incorporate multiple RSS in a page. But this works when there are things to be uploaded. So prior to this all the tools learnt were also important. Its nice to have a tool that can incorporate everything in one single page and have updates on it.

What would I have liked to explore that CENL2008 didn't cover?
I would like to explore tools used to make animation that can be used in my classroom. This was not covered in the CENL2008 but I guess we might need some background in programming for this. But basic ones like flash can be introduced. I realize that torrent files and its association were not mentioned in this course but it is a widely used file sharing tool. When I realize about torrent I realize we were not exposed to file sharing programs that are widely used (legal and illegal).

If I were teaching this course, what would I do to improve it?
If I were teaching this course I would like to reduce the amount of articles/length of articles that are required for reading. Pages over 20 you would assume that we would only skim trough (maybe that is what you already expect). I would also like to propose chatting as a means of more interactive way of communicating with the students as I do it very often with my students. We can ask questions and maybe the facilitator can give us some insight on what is going on.

All well ends well. Thanks George for the enlightening 12 week exposure to new IT technologies emerging in our teaching and learning world. Maybe we will chat some other time.

No comments: